Effective date: July 14, 2022
- The information we collect
- Online analytics and advertising
- How we use your information
- How we share and disclose your information
- Children’s privacy
- Security and retention of your information
- Your controls and choices
- Additional information for certain jurisdictions
- Good Jobs First contact information
The information we collect
The information we collect about you depends on the Services you use, how you use them, and the information you provide to us.
We collect information in three main ways: (1) information you choose to provide to us; (2) information we collect automatically through technology when you use the Services; and (3) information we collect from other sources.
Information you choose to provide to us
When you use our Services, you may choose to provide certain information to us. For example, we collect information directly from you when you create or use a Good Jobs First account, purchase a product, enter into a Good Jobs First subscription, participate in Good Jobs First surveys or research, make a donation to us, sign up for email alerts, or otherwise communicate and interact with us.
Some of the most common categories of information we collect directly from you include:
- Contact and account information,such as name, address, telephone number, email address, and login credentials, if you create an account.
- Financial and transactional information,such as credit card information, subscription purchase information, and donation history.
- Interaction information,such as messages you submit to us through online forms or email.
- Information you provide in connection with surveys and research,such as your interests, preferences, demographic data (e.g., gender).
Information we collect automatically through technology when you use the Services
The information we automatically collect when you use our Services includes your IP address, your general location derived from your IP address, browser language, the state or country from which you accessed the Services, software and hardware attributes (including device IDs, operating system, and browser type), referring and exit URLs, your saved searches, the date and time you accessed our websites or opened our emails, and other similar information about your use of the Services.
Information we collect from other sources
We may receive information about you from other sources, such as business partners, marketers, researchers, analysts, public websites, social network services, and other parties to help us supplement the other information we collect.
Online Analytics and Advertising
We may use third-party web analytics services (such as those of Google Analytics) on our Services to collect and analyze usage information through cookies and similar tools; engage in auditing, research, or reporting; assist with fraud prevention; and provide certain features to you. If you do not want Google Analytics to collect and use information about your use of our websites, then you can install an opt-out in your web browser. You also may opt-out from Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network by using Google’s Ads Settings.
If you receive email from us, we may use certain analytics tools, such as clear GIFs to capture data such as when you open our message or click on any links or banners our email contains. This data allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns.
In using the Services, we allow select third party advertising technology partners to place cookies or other tracking technologies on the browser of your device to collect information about you as discussed above. These third parties (e.g., ad networks and ad servers) may use this information to serve relevant content and advertising to you as you browse the Internet, and access their own cookies or other tracking technologies on your browser to assist in this activity. If you are interested in more information about these online advertising activities, and how you can generally control cookies from being put on your computer to deliver tailored advertising, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out link, the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out link, or Your Online Choices to opt-out of receiving tailored advertising from companies that participate in those programs. We do not control these opt-out links or whether any particular company chooses to participate in these opt-out programs. We are not responsible for any choices you make using these mechanisms or the continued availability or accuracy of these mechanisms. Please note that if you use these mechanisms, you may still see advertising on our Services or across the Internet, but it will not be tailored to you based on your online behavior over time.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our Services for third party purposes, and that is why we provide the variety of opt-out mechanisms listed above. However, we do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals.
How we use your information
Good Jobs First may use the information we collect in the following ways:
- To provide the services you have requested,such as to fulfill your subscription or provide content for you to view and download.
- To communicate with you,for example, keeping you posted on your subscriptions or account, respond to your questions, and inform you of changes to our policies and terms.
- For marketing and advertising purposes,including providing you with relevant information, promotions, and other information that we think you will find interesting about the Services.
- To personalize your experience and customize the Services,such as delivering relevant content and recommending features through our Services.
- To improve our Services,including bug detection and error reporting, to understand how users interact with our Services, improve usability and effectiveness of our products, perform research and analytics, and to test and create new products, features, and services.
- For our business operations,including maintaining your account, and for security, fraud prevention, and legal compliance, such as detecting security incidents and protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.
- Other purposes for which we seek your consent.We may also use your information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. We will ask for your consent to process your information for such purpose in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
- Where use of your information is necessary to perform our obligations under a contract or commitment to you. For example, to provide the services you’ve requested from us, or to comply with our relevant legal terms.
- Where use of your information furthers our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others. For example, to provide security for our Services, operate our business and our Services, make and receive payments, defend our legal rights, and prevent fraud.
- Where we use your information to comply with applicable legal obligations. For example, keeping track of purchases for tax and auditing purposes.
- Where you have consented to our processing of your information for a particular purpose.
How we share and disclose your information
Good Jobs First may share your information in the following ways:
- Affiliated entities. We may share information within the Good Jobs First family of entities to deliver the Services, operate our business, and enhance our Services and your experience with the Services.
- Service providers. We use select third-party vendors to help us provide our Services and operate our business, and we may provide access to or share your information with these vendors. They provide a variety of services to us, including payment processing, marketing, data storage, security, fraud prevention, research, and legal services. These service providers are permitted to access and use your information for purposes of performing services for Good Jobs First or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
- Business transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge, or partner with other entities. In such transactions, including in contemplation of such transactions, your information may be among the transferred assets. If a portion or all of our assets are sold or transferred to a third party, we may share or transfer your information as part of the transaction.
Our Services are intended for general audiences and are not directed at children. If we become aware that we have collected data without legally valid parental consent from children under an age where such consent is required under applicable law, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible.
Security and retention of your information
Security of your information
We are committed to protecting your information. We use a variety of technical, physical, and organizational security measures designed to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of information. However, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. As such, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Retention of your information
Your controls and choices
We provide you with the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use, and sharing of your information. Your legal rights to exercise such controls and choices vary based on the laws of your jurisdiction.
You may request the following, among other potential rights depending on applicable law, by contacting us as detailed in the “Good Jobs First contact information” section below:
- Access to, or a copy of, your information
- Correction or amendment of your information
- Deletion of your information
We may ask you to provide us with information necessary to reasonably verify your identity before responding to your request. We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period required by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests.
If you would like to opt out of marketing from Good Jobs First, please follow the instructions located at the bottom of our email marketing messages. Please note, opting out or unsubscribing will not prevent you from receiving communications about subscription or account, or other important notices such as changes to our terms and policies, which are not marketing in nature.
Additional information for certain jurisdictions
- contact information (such as name and email address)
- financial information (such as subscription history and payment account information)
- internet or other network or device activity (such as operating system and usage information)
- geolocation information (e.g., your approximate location based on the temporary collection of your IP address)
- other information you choose to provide to us in the course of using the Services
We source, use, and share the categories of personal information we collect from and about you consistent with the various business purposes we discuss throughout this Policy. See the “The information we collect,” “How we use your information,” “How we share and disclose your information” sections above for more information.
If you have any concerns or complaints about our data processing activities, we urge you to first try to resolve such issues directly with us. However, if applicable, you may make a complaint to the data protection supervisory authority in the country where you are based, or seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
Good Jobs First contact information